- Basics of Immunity Debugger
- Get familiar with various Views / Windows
- Stack operations available in Immunity Debugger
- Disassembler operations available in Immunity Debugger
- Get started with PyCommands & Mona Library
- Just-in-time debugging with Immunity Debugger
- How to set breakpoints, step through and trace
- Immunity Debugger command line
- Familiarity with Assembly Language (good to have)
- Understanding of x86 CPU architecture (registers, flags, stack etc.)
Immunity Debugger is the go to debugger for most security professionals. Immunity Inc describes it as a powerful new way to write exploits, analyze malware, and reverse engineer binary files. It builds on a solid user interface with function graphing, the industry's first heap analysis tool built specifically for heap creation, and a large and well supported Python API for easy extensibility.
This course covers both, well-known and lesser-known, features of Immunity Debugger. Few of the key topics discussed in this course are as follows:
- Download and Installation
- Stack Operations
- Disassembler Operations
- Breakpoints, stepping through, tracing etc.
- PyCommands and Mona Library
- Just-in-time debugging
- ... and a lot more
A good understanding of Immunity Debugger comes in handy while exploit development, backdooring PE files, encoding files for anti-virus evasion. Once you have completed this course, you will be a lot more comfortable with Immunity Debugger and you'll know which features to use to perform each of the previously mentioned activities.
Since other debuggers like Ollydbg (Olly debug), evans debug etc. have a similar interface, through this course you can learn how to use them as well. I have created this course with the vision that it becomes your go to reference guide for Immunity Debugger and other similar debuggers.
- Cyber security professionals
- Reverse Engineers
- Beginners in Exploit Development
- Security Researchers / Engineers/ Analysts
Uday Mittal is a cybersecurity professional with rich working experience working with various industries including telecom, publishing and consulting. Over the years, he has gained wide exposure in various aspects of cyber security including, information security management, security operations, application security, cyber security maturity assessments, cyber security audits, information risk assessments, ISO 27001 implementation, vulnerability assessments and penetration testing etc.
He holds internationally recognized certifications such as CRTE, CRTP, OSCE, OSCP, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC among others. He speaks on cybersecurity awareness, offensive security research etc. and has authored various articles on topics related to cyber security and software development for a leading magazine on open source software.